A 90-Credit Diploma is a practical, work-related course. Your assignments are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and commitment demands. As well as learning about the employment area you have chosen, you develop the skills you need to start a career. This qualification is equivalent to 1½ A Levels, which means that when you have finished the course you may choose to go into full-time employment. The natural progression is the year two Extended Programme.
180 to 240 guided learning hours
- Formal Teaching: 60 to 80 Hours (Lecturing, Tutoring, seminars and/or workshops)
- Directed Learning: 60 to 80 Hours (Discussion, Group Study, Advanced Reading, Research)
- Independent Learning: 60 to 80 hours (Extended research, working through core texts, preparing assignments)
BTEC Level 3(90-credit)
Number of Modules
12 Months (Flexible)
Review of the Award
Once in a year by BIRD Academic Council
Students study a number of units including:
- Developing effective communication in Health and Social Care
- Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care
- Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care
- Development through the Life Stages
- Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care
- Personal and Professional Development in Health and Social Care
- Sociological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
- Psychological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
BIRD’s extended syllabus and study guideline include a list of books and journals for learners to should study on. Additionally, learners should collect BIRD’s specimen coursework and/or examination papers from their study centres. Registered learners can download these from BIRD Website after logging in.
You will need to have at least five GCSE’s at grades A*-C, including English Language and Mathematics. Alternatively, you must have GCSE English Language and Mathematics at grade C and a Level 2 Extended Certificate in a related subject at Merit or Distinction. Successful interview and a satisfactory reference are required plus a DBS police check for the placement.
What qualifications will I gain?
- BTEC Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Health and Social Care
Successful completion of the 90 Credit Diploma leads onto the second year – the Level 3 Extended Diploma (equivalent to 3 A Levels). Alternatively, you could go straight into employment where you could work and train in hospitals, nursing homes and health centres. If you decide to go into Higher Education you need to complete year two of the programme to enable you to get the necessary grades.
Please enquire at admission office to find out the fees on 07943874969 or fill the “Get Course Information Kit” form within this page. We’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
What should I do next?
For a free consultation call a Specialist Consultant on 07943874969.